Former WWE star Lio Rush has announced he is coming out of retirement.
Rush took to Twitter today to make the announcement. He said he has been rehabbing his injury for the last three months and has now been cleared. He said:
“Every single day for the past 3 months I’ve been in rehab working harder than I ever have before. Happy to announce that today….I’ve been cleared.”
Lio Rush wrestled his most recent match for AEW at Double or Nothing 2021. He made his debut with the company as the surprise final entrant in their Casino Battle Royale. However, he suffered an injury during the match and announced his retirement days later.
Rush had been announced for some New Japan Pro Wrestling dates at the time of his retirement. It remains to be seen if he will continue to work with the promotion going forward.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Revealed: Will Vince McMahon Be At WrestleMania 39
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Confirmation Of Big Change For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Name To Return To WWE When Company Is Sold?
- Shock Return & Heel Turn On AEW Dynamite
- Tony Khan To Retire Championship Belt Design
- Tony Khan Admits He Considered Major AEW Character Change