It’s being reported that Liv Morgan was at one point planned to beat Carmella in their match on the October 8 episode of SmackDown.
Carmella ended up getting the win, but Fightful Select is reporting this was a change to what had been planned, and Morgan was pencilled in to win it.
Despite this, as of the start of the show, Liv Morgan was listed as the loser internally, so it seems like the change wasn’t completely last-minute.
Fightful also pointed out that there has been significant frustration backstage from talent and staff regarding the booking of the women’s division.
Friday’s show also saw Zelina Vega beat Toni Storm, with both matches only being about two minutes each, and this comes after the same four women had their tag match pulled from the recent Madison Square Garden show due to time constraints.
As a result of winning the matches this past Friday, it’ll be Vega vs Carmella on SmackDown this week, with the winner advancing to the Queen’s Crown Tournament final at Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia on October 21.
On tonight’s Raw, the red brand’s side of the bracket kicks off, with Doudrop vs Natalya, and Shayna Baszler vs Dana Brooke.
Perhaps there were other factors at play that we don’t know about, but on the surface of it, WWE’s resistance when it comes to pushing Liv Morgan is nothing short of baffling at this point.
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?