Liv Morgan has revealed that she had ‘such a crush’ on John Cena, believing he could’ve been a subconscious influence on her career.
Speaking on Sneaker Shopping with Complex, Morgan recalled pretending to pump her sneakers to copy Cena, even though she didn’t actually own Reebok pumps.
Noting that her love for sneakers was likely influenced by Cena, Morgan said:
“I loved John Cena, I thought he was the s**t. I had such a crush on him. He would pump his little sneakers, and I’d pump my sneakers and I didn’t even have pumps. I would just (pretend) to push my little pumps (while watching him on TV). I thought he was amazing.
“He has been, whether I know it or not, a subconscious influence on my career. You know because he wore sneakers for the majority of his career, so I think maybe it’s something that kind of embedded in my mind, and maybe a reason why I like to wear sneakers.”
Cena recently made a return to WWE during the June 27 edition of Raw to celebrate ’20 Years of John Cena’, two decades on from his SmackDown debut against Kurt Angle.
Morgan is currently the SmackDown Women’s Champion, recently defending the gold at SummerSlam against Ronda Rousey. Morgan had defeated Rousey for the gold at Money in the Bank, after cashing in the contract she had won earlier that night.
There have been over 30 title changes in WWE this year. Stay up to date with every WWE title change of 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats