Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez have reflected on their huge WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship victory.
With Lita unable to defend her gold alongside Becky Lynch, Trish Stratus stepped up and took her place in the Women’s Tag Team Title bout on the April 10 episode of Raw.
Challengers Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriquez were ultimately victorious, pinning the Hall of Famer to win the gold.
Speaking with Cathy Kelley in a post-match interview, Raquel Rodriguez noted that, despite the conditions surrounding the title change, they left Raw as champions:
“Cathy, it has been a long, long day, but I think it’s safe to say that we went out there, and we gave it everything we got.
“We came here to fight, we came here to win titles, and we are going home champions.”
Expressing gratitude, Morgan added:
“There’s not many times that I’m left speechless, but literally I have nothing to say. I’m just grateful, I’m so grateful.
“I’m so happy and proud to be your partner. Thank you so much. I never thought that we’d ever pin Trish Stratus to become new champions.
“Being a champion in WWE means more to me than anything, anything else in the world, so I’m just so happy. I’m so grateful.”
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2023 using our tracker right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?