Ruby Riott was one of the six names released by WWE today (June 2), and she is not only leaving the company behind, but also her long-time tag partner and very close friend Liv Morgan.
Morgan and Riott debuted on the main roster together as part of the Riott Squad, and other than a couple of forays into singles wrestling, the two have been more or less inseparable since.
Following the news that Ruby Riott was released, Morgan took to Twitter to share an emotional message.
Whoever is lucky enough to get Heidi Lovelace on their roster, you win.
— LIV Morgan (@YaOnlyLivvOnce) June 2, 2021
Heidi Lovelace is the ring name Riott used for many years on the indie scene before signing for WWE.
She, like everyone released today, will be subject to a 90-day non-compete clause, meaning they will next be allowed to wrestle for another company at the start of September 2021. Ruby is yet to comment on her release.
We will be bringing you any further news on WWE releasing stars as soon as it become available.
- Bryan Danielson AEW Rampage Injury A Work?
- Truth Behind Naomi WWE Walk Out Revealed?
- Jimmy Uso Shares Support For Naomi And Sasha Banks
- Serena Deeb Shoots Hard On WWE In Heated AEW Dynamite Promo
- Stephanie McMahon To Take Leave Of Absence From WWE
- Several WWE Stars Support Nash Carter Following Controversial Release
- Shocking Statistic About Thunder Rosa AEW Women’s Championship Run
- Update On Johnny Elite’s AEW Status Following Dynamite Debut
- Road Dogg Believes There’s No Money In Wrestling
- Anthony Bowens Claims He Was Taken Off Dynamite In Cryptic Tweet