Ruby Riott was one of the six names released by WWE today (June 2), and she is not only leaving the company behind, but also her long-time tag partner and very close friend Liv Morgan.
Morgan and Riott debuted on the main roster together as part of the Riott Squad, and other than a couple of forays into singles wrestling, the two have been more or less inseparable since.
Following the news that Ruby Riott was released, Morgan took to Twitter to share an emotional message.
Whoever is lucky enough to get Heidi Lovelace on their roster, you win.
— LIV Morgan (@YaOnlyLivvOnce) June 2, 2021
Heidi Lovelace is the ring name Riott used for many years on the indie scene before signing for WWE.
She, like everyone released today, will be subject to a 90-day non-compete clause, meaning they will next be allowed to wrestle for another company at the start of September 2021. Ruby is yet to comment on her release.
We will be bringing you any further news on WWE releasing stars as soon as it become available.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Former Champion Becomes A Free Agent, Multiple Promotions Interested
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Full Match Order For WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Surprise Title Change At WWE Night Of Champions 2023