Liv Morgan’s dream came true last night, when she not only won the women’s Money In The Bank Ladder match to open the show, but cashed it in later in the night to defeat Ronda Rousey to win the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
Liv took part in a post-match interview with Ariel Helwani of BT Sport, where she shared what Ronda told her in the ring after she captured the title.
“She said, ‘You deserve it,’”
Liv then went on to call her victory the greatest moment of her life so far, saying:
“I’ve literally I’ve worked my whole entire life for this, Ariel. It doesn’t feel real to have it in my hands. Even though I’m holding it even though I see it, I feel it, I can’t believe it’s mine. You have to kill me to get this out of my hands… This is the greatest moment of my life so far.”
The wrestling world has reacted to Liv’s victory, with support from friends, fans and co-workers flooding in.
transcription via Fightful
We ???? this for her ?
An emotional @YaOnlyLivvOnce can't stop the tears from falling as reality sets in on what she has achieved in Vegas…
Your NEWWWW SmackDown Women's Champion ?
We're so happy for her!
Take it away, @arielhelwani…#MITB pic.twitter.com/hPzGDegV1g
— WWE on BT Sport (@btsportwwe) July 3, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- Seth Rollins On WWE World Heavyweight Championship: ‘We’re Not Naïve’
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer