A WWE star would love for the women’s tag division to be more consistent.
On the April 10 edition of WWE Raw, Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez defeated Becky Lynch and Trish Stratus to win the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships.
This marked the first time that Morgan had won the titles after numerous opportunities with a variety of tag team partners, including Tegan Nox, Sarah Logan (now Valhalla) and Ruby Riott (now Ruby Soho in AEW).
On the latest episode of WWE After The Bell podcast, Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez appeared to discuss the women’s tag team division. On bringing stability to the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship, Liv said:
“There’s ebbs and flows and there’s going to be some trial and errors, but I would love for the tag division to be more consistent and more stable. That’s exactly what Raquel and I are aiming to do.”
“I am 100% all in on Raquel and making our team work and making sure that we are reigning and defending champions. I know it’s so cliche.”
“Everyone wants to be defending champions, but for the women and for these titles specifically, it’s important that they have a home that is ready to go every single week.”
Morgan continued on to talk about the steps they have taken as a duo to help bring that stability, saying:
“We have been going to both shows since after WrestleMania and that’s not anything that we do begrudgingly.”
“We are so prepared and proud and ready, even if we’re tired, to do what we have to do, to show the WWE Universe that these are stable and these are consistent and they found a home with Raquel and I.”
“We are honored, honored, honored to be the champions and we just want to represent that to the best of our ability.”
Transcription via Wrestlingnews.co
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Top WWE Star ‘Demanded’ Current Run
- WWE Star Teases ‘Big News’ For Next Week
- Another New Theme For WWE Tag Team
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- WWE Star Gets Married (Photo)
- WWE NXT Name Backstage At June 2 SmackDown Taping