Last night on Dynamite, long-time WWE referee Mike Chioda made his AEW debut. Chioda was one of the people released by WWE in April as part of a cost-cutting measure brought on by the Coronavirus.
Chioda was the referee for two matches on Dynamite last night, firstly the TNT title match between Cody and Scorpio Sky and then the main event between Chris Jericho and Orange Cassidy.
As previously mentioned, Mike Chioda was released by WWE in April of this year after first appearing for the company over 30 years ago in 1989. This is the first time he’s officiated a match since leaving WWE.
AEW tweeted during the show last night that Mike Chioda, who they called a “legendary referee” would be “calling the action” for the TNT Championship match between Cody and Scorpio Sky.
The legendary referee Mike Chioda will be calling the action!
Watch #AEWDynamite NOW on @TNTDrama or https://t.co/GdI7QAsxEP for our International fans. #AEWonTNT @AEWonTNT pic.twitter.com/KeHw9NQ3kC
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) August 13, 2020
Mike has not commented on his AEW debut on his official Twitter account, which you can follow by clicking here.
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Konnan Picks Winner of Dominik vs Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Match
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- WWE Hall Of Famer To Appear On WWE Programming The Night Before WrestleMania?
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About