WWE’s home for many years, Madison Square Garden, is going to be invaded by Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling on April 6, 2019 when the promotions unite to put on the G1 Supercard.
Independent promotions getting to put shows on in the ‘garden’ is set to continue, with Lucha Libre AAA having just announced that they will be hosting their first Madison Square Garden show on September 15, 2019. The announcement was made at a press conference inside the venue this afternoon.
— Suplex (@Suplex_radio) April 4, 2019
Fightful is reporting that the promotion’s stars, Pentagon Jr., Fenix, and Puma King, amongst many others, are expected to have been at the press conference.
2019 is proving to be a very solid year for Lucha Libre AAA. They secured a deal with TV Azteca and then announced a partnership with All Elite Wrestling. This is the next step in Lucha Libre AAA cementing themselves as one of the top independent wrestling promotions out there.
In terms of the ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard show, which can be viewed on Fite, we will be providing live coverage of the event on Saturday night. You can also click here, to view our schedule for the other shows taking place during WrestleMania weekend.
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- Jake Paul Hunting For A Former WWE Heavyweight For Next Pay-Per-View
- AEW Star Leyla Hirsch Undergoes ACL Surgery