A former Lucha Underground Champion has confirmed that he has applied for WWE try-outs taking place during SummerSlam week.
WWE is preparing to hold tryouts in Las Vegas ahead of SummerSlam on August 21. Marty Casaus, better known to Lucha Underground fans as Marty “The Moth” Martinez, hopes to be selected to take part in the Performance Center trials.
Speaking with Wrestling Inc, Casaus discussed his current relationship with WWE, noting:
“I did a try-out at the Performance Center and then really not too much came out of that, and then I was told to put in for the try-out that’s coming up here at SummerSlam. I did that. Now, I don’t know if I’ve been accepted or anything by that, but I put my stuff in, so we’ll see what happens out of that.
“That’s SummerSlam weekend, so, who knows? Maybe I can go there and get a try-out and see what happens there. I haven’t heard anything back yet. They have my information, so they know where I’m at.”
Casaus is currently training at Cody Rhodes’ Nightmare Factory. He returned to wrestling following a back injury on AEW Dark in April. Casaus has wrestled three times on AEW Dark, his most recent match taking place on May 12 against Matt Sydal.
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed