The main event has been set for NXT Takeover 36 as Samoa Joe will challenge Karrion Kross.
The match was made official on tonight’s episode of NXT. Joe tendered his resignation from his management position with NXT so he could be allowed to wrestle again. William Regal wanted to fire Kross but allowed Joe to wrestle him instead.
This will likely be Samoa Joe’s first match since February 10, 2020, unless he wrestles before the show.
Kross and Joe have had tension since Joe arrived in NXT last month. Joe was meant to keep the peace in NXT but he and Kross both routinely got in each other’s faces. Now they will have their match for the NXT Championship.
This is only the second match officially announced for the show. The first was the NXT UK Championship match between WALTER and Ilja Dragunov.
NXT Takeover 36 will take place on August 22, 2021, the night after SummerSlam.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match Added To Madison Square Garden SmackDown
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish