It seems like a top AAA star is coming to the United States of America.
Hijo Del Vikingo is the current AAA Mega Champion and made history by becoming the first luchador since 2015 to place in the top 10 on the PWI 500 list. He placed eighth overall.
This apparently was a sign of things to come as more fans might be able to witness Vikingo for themselves.
On Monday, California lucha libre promotion RGR Lucha Libre posted a photo of Vikingo on their Instagram. They wrote the following caption (via translation):
“Who wants to see it at RGR?”
This tease for 25 year old luchador would mark his first time wrestling in the United States.
Hijo del Vikingo has found himself unable to travel due to visa issues that has prevented him from leaving Mexico.
It is believed that RGR may have helped Vikingo obtain a visa based on their history of securing visas for luchadores in the past.
Vikingo will appear at the upcoming third and final TripleMania XXX event to defend the AAA Mega Championship against an opponent chosen by the fans on October 15.
As previously mentioned, a top AEW star has been pulled from the event due to the fallout from All Out 2022.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- Planned WrestleMania 39 Night 1 Main Event Revealed, More Match Order News
- Plans Revealed For Announcement Of Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio?