On last night’s episode of AEW: Dynamite, one half of the Lucha Bros, Rey Fenix cut a promo to set up a match with Joey Janela.
This match was taped after the show for AEW Dark, and it appears that Fenix either worked the match hurt or was hurt during.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer explained that Fenix was “pretty banged up” and that following the match, Rey needed help getting out of the ring and to be taken backstage.
According to Meltzer Fenix’s injury led to a number of slightly botched spots in the match, and the current feeling backstage is that it could be serious, and that they’re just waiting to see how bad the injury is.
The nature of the injury is unknown, but as he is one of the best talents AEW has on its entire roster, hopefully it’s nothing too serious.
During his time in AEW, Fenix has mostly teamed with Pentagon Jr. in the Lucha Bros tag team, but it appears creative are looking to cement him as someone who can work both singles and tag matches going forward.
We will bring you any updates on Fenix’s condition once they become available.
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Opens Up About Fears That He’d Be Forced To Retire
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions
- Top WWE Women’s Division Star Responds To Asuka Title Win At Night Of Champions 2023