It’s being reported that a major AEW storyline we’ve seen play out over the past couple of weeks has been planned for almost a year.
The Wednesday, March 10 Dynamite saw MJF leave the Inner Circle faction to form his own, made up of himself, Wardlow, FTR and Shawn Spears, with Tully Blanchard as a manager.
This past Wednesday, March 17, MJF cut probably the best promo in AEW history, naming the group the Pinnacle.
The latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that plans for this group date all the way back to when FTR first joined AEW in May 2020.
Dave Meltzer wrote that the idea was for this group to form after FTR had the match with the Young Bucks, which was something they pretty much had to do as their first big storyline.
On next week’s March 24 episode of Dynamite on TNT, FTR and Spears face the Varsity Blonds and Dante Martin in a six-man tag team match.
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition
- WWE Star Ruled Out For 8-12 Months With Legitimate Injury
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- Rhea Ripley & Other Stars React To Incredible Moment At WWE Event
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Video Footage Of Brock Lesnar’s Daughter Shattering Records For Shot Put
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete