Rhea Ripley’s challenger for the NXT Women’s Championship at February 16’s TakeOver: Portland event has been confirmed on tonight’s show.
Ripley, who defeated Shayna Baszler to win the title on December 18, will defend against Bianca Belair, who won a Battle Royal tonight, last eliminating Io Shirai.
The South Aussie champ will actually have one defence before that date though, as Toni Storm will challenge for the title on January 25’s Worlds Collide show the night before the Royal Rumble.
Also confirmed for TakeOver: Portland so far is a singles match between Johnny Gargano and Finn Balor. That bout was originally supposed to take place at November’s WarGames show, but Gargano was injured. Balor instead took on, and defeated, Matt Riddle.
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- The Rock Shares Condolences To Iron Sheik’s Family: ‘Rest In Power, Uncle Sheiky’
- Kris Statlander Retains TBS Championship, AEW Rampage To Feature Big Women’s Match