In what was probably the worst kept secret in WWE, Adam Pearce has made a change to the Universal Title Match at WrestleMania. This past Sunday, Daniel Bryan tapped out Roman Reigns, but there was no referee there to see it.
Edge interfered and Roman was able to get the win. So, tonight, on WWE SmackDown, Adam Pearce made the Universal Championship match a Triple-Threat. Daniel Bryan and Edge will challenge Roman Reigns at WrestleMania.
It will be a Triple Threat Match for the #UniversalTitle at #WrestleMania! @WWERomanReigns @EdgeRatedR @WWEDanielBryan @ScrapDaddyAP #SmackDown pic.twitter.com/Uk7BXANn7F
— WWE (@WWE) March 27, 2021
Daniel Bryan opened the show asking for a championship rematch tonight. Pearce declined this option and Edge took out Bryan as well.
Bryan had also asked for an immediate match against the Edge/Reigns winner or to have them fight on night one and face the winner on night two. Pearce initially didn’t answer. However, he promised to come up with a solution by the end of the show.
So, now we have a triple threat. This feels like a way to have a title change without having to pin Roman. We’ll see if that happens in just a few weeks.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title