In the main event of WWE Stomping Grounds, Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch came to the aid of Universal Champion Seth Rollins after he was low-blowed by special guest referee Lacey Evans during his title defence against Baron Corbin.
Lynch and her real-life boyfriend then kicked off Monday Night Raw the following night. They would go on to accept Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans’ challenge for a “winner-takes-all” mixed tag team match at Extreme Rules next month.
Seven days later, WWE has taken to Twitter to reveal that the main event of the upcoming pay-per-view will now be an Extreme Rules match, meaning we could potentially see some inter-gender wrestling.
JUST ANNOUNCED: The #WinnersTakeAll #MixedTag Match at @WWE #ExtremeRules pitting #UniversalChampion @WWERollins & #RAW #WomensChampion @BeckyLynchWWE against @BaronCorbinWWE & @LaceyEvansWWE will be an EXTREME RULES MATCH! https://t.co/9FbN3ajSv2
— WWE (@WWE) July 1, 2019
On the matter, WWE.com‘s article had the following to say:
At Extreme Rules, Universal Champion Seth Rollins & RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch will both put their titles on the line in a Mixed Tag Team Match in the hopes of getting Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans out of their hair once and for all. WWE.com has now learned that that showdown will be contested under Extreme Rules.
Although both Lynch and Rollins ultimately retained their respective titles against Evans and Corbin at WWE Stomping Grounds, this achievement was only possible after overcoming tremendous adversity. When The Lone Wolf named Evans as his Special Guest Referee and the nefarious pair began changing the rules throughout the matchup, The Man was forced to join the party and take out The Sassy Southern Belle.
In response, Evans and Corbin attacked The Man and her man the following night on Raw, before challenging them to a Mixed Tag Team Match at WWE Extreme Rules. Rollins and Lynch accepted on the condition that, if they won, they will never have to see their adversaries in the ring together ever again. This was a stipulation Corbin & Evans would agree to, provided that both the Universal and Raw Women’s Titles would be on the line.
This the first ‘extreme’ stipulation given to any match at the upcoming gimmicked pay-per-view.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star