The 2023 WWE Draft is set to get underway on this Friday’s (April 28) episode of SmackDown.
The Draft is set to serve as a soft reset for the company, including the introduction of the new WWE World Heavyweight Championship on this week’s Raw show.
However, it seems as though the introduction of a second world championship could lead to a major change to the Premium Live Event schedule.
Per WRKD Wrestling, following the announcement of the Draft and the introduction of the new World Heavyweight Championship, the company has discussed the idea of returning to brand exclusive premium live events.
WWE held brand exclusive live events during their second brand split between 2016 and 2018, before all events became co-branded.
The upcoming events up until SummerSlam are seemingly all set to remain co-branded, with them all set to be major ‘international’ events in Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia and London respectively.
The introduction of the World Heavyweight Championship has allowed the opportunity for more stars on the roster to get an opportunity at the championship during Roman Reigns’ ongoing run.
One format discussed after the announcement of the draft and the introduction of the new World Heavyweight championship on #WWERaw is the idea of potential brand exclusive premium live monthly events. pic.twitter.com/G5INuVnHVY
— WRKD Wrestling (@WRKDWrestling) April 25, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- Sammy Guevara Shares Touching Post Ahead Of AEW Double Or Nothing Main Event