There has been speculation regarding the future of former Impact and New Japan Pro Wrestling star Michael Elgin. Some had thought that he may resurface in New Japan but now that does not seem to be the case.
Fightful Select (subscription required) is now reporting that there is much more backstage heat on Elgin in New Japan than previously thought. The report states that Elgin had told many people that he left New Japan because Tama Tonga was unsafe. He had reportedly said Tama hit him with a chair in the G1 Climax, causing him to tear his bicep.
Elgin also reportedly told people that Tama Tonga only got a push because of his father King Haku.
The report states from New Japan’s side that Elgin was fired from the promotion. Other details were not provided.
Michael Elgin was fired from Impact Wrestling in June 2020 after being accused of sexual assault in the Speaking Out movement. He was suspended, taken off of television, and then released from his contract.
If you or someone you know has been affected by something like this make sure to follow this link for support.
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Discussions For Shocking Star To Be Undertaker’s Son In WWE
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)
- Huge Update On William Regal WWE Return
- Kurt Angle Reveals Major WWE Star Wanted To Join TNA
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- Here Is When Tegan Nox’s WWE Return Was Finalised
- Major Celebrity Says ‘Lets Do It’ To WWE Match Against The Paul Brothers
- Edge Heaps Praise On Three Top AEW Stars
- AEW Star Recalls Heartwarming ‘WrestleMania Moment’ With Kevin Owens