A major update on the AEW contract of Kenny Omega has emerged amid much speculation of WWE being interested in signing him.
It had been reported that Omega’s contract was due to expire at the end of January 2023 as he’d signed a four-year deal starting February 1, 2019.
This led to a lot of talk about his status, some of which has now been cleared up.
According to Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, AEW has extended Omega’s contract to account for the time he’s been out injured during the last four years.
This is said to be around nine months, which would mean it could have been extended until November, but the exact time frame of the extension reportedly “hasn’t been finalized”.
Meltzer did write that Omega has been “heavily talked about in certain circles in WWE and other places in wrestling as well”.
The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) – who are EVPs of AEW alongside Kenny Omega as well as the three being the promotion’s current Trios Champions – have their contracts coming up at the end of 2023.
Omega and the Bucks are expected to defend the Trios Championship against Malakai Black, Brody King & Buddy Matthews of the House of Black at AEW Revolution on March 5.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Upcoming WWE & AEW Events To Air Head To Head?
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- Big E Reunites With New Day For Training You Have To See [VIDEO]