NXT TakOver: Portland is set to take place on February 16, 2020. The show will be the final TakeOver event before NXT TakeOver: Tampa Bay, the show the night before WrestleMania 36.
Despite the TakeOver events taking place just six weeks apart, NXT will certainly not be holding matches back for the big WrestleMania weekend show.
Ahead of NXT on the USA Network tonight, it has been confirmed that Finn Balor will go one-on-one with Johnny Gargano at the upcoming TakeOver event in a match that could steal the show.
The match as actually supposed to take place over Survivor Series weekend at NXT TakeOver: WarGames III. However, Johnny Gargano was ruled out with an injury, with Balor instead facing Matt Riddle.
1. @FinnBalor vs. @JohnnyGargano has been made OFFICIAL for #NXTTakeOver: Portland! #WWETheBump @WWENXT
— WWE’s The Bump (@WWETheBump) January 15, 2020
It is widely expected that Tommaso Ciampa will also challenge NXT Champion Adam cole on the show, so stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com in the coming weeks for confirmation on that.
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- VIDEO: AEW Star Teases In-Ring Return After Almost A Year Away