Major updates on two matches planned for tonight’s WWE Clash of Champions pay-per-view have come to light via a new report.
Rumours circulated earlier regarding the status of Nikki Cross for tonight, who was scheduled to be challenging Bayley for the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
As per POST Wrestling, Cross will not be on the show tonight and it is expected a replacement will be named and Bayley will still defend.
The other match, however, is the Women’s Tag Title match which had Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler vs Liv Morgan & Ruby Riott. Specifically the report says POST Wrestling was told that match is “off”. Despite this, Shayna Baszler has posted an image on Instagram of her gear for tonight.
It is unknown at this time what has led to these changes but it could be linked to the recent COVID-19 outbreak within the company. The report noted that the changes would be addressed during the show.
WrestleTalk.com will have live coverage of Clash of Champions later tonight, so if you’re not watching, be sure to stay tuned for any news coming out of the event.
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- WWE Star To Make In-Ring Debut Soon
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match