WWE has revealed that a major NXT star has picked up an injury ahead of their big NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver match.
Io Shirai will put her NXT Women’s Championship on the line against Raquel Gonzalez at the April NXT TakeOver show. On the latest episode of NXT, Shirai was slammed on the announcer’s table by her Stand & Deliver challenger.
During the latest NXT Injury Report, it was announced that Shirai had picked up a lower-back injury during the segment. Shirai has been evaluated and was medically cleared to defend her title next month.
More information surrounding Jessi Kamea’s injury was also given. It was noted that she is listed as day-to-day on the status list after injuring her ankle during training.
Kamea was originally meant to team with Aliyah to challenge for the NXT Women’s Tag Team Championships on this week’s NXT. Mercedez Martinez replaced Kamea, but was unsuccessful against Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart.
It was also revealed that Drake Maverick has suffered multiple injuries in his recent match with WALTER, with his status unclear as of writing.
It is worth remembering that NXT Injury Report often reports on both storyline and real injuries. Stay tuned to WrestleTalk for potential updates on these competitors’ conditions.
Elsewhere in WWE, a former NXT Women’s Champion will be involved in a big segment on Raw next week.
- Backstage Reaction To Hardy Royal Rumble Performance
- Former WWE Star Signs With IMPACT Wrestling
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Triple H Ribbed WWE Star At Royal Rumble
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- Cody Rhodes Accused Of ‘Sucking Up’ To Tony Khan
- AEW Star Calls Out WWE For Management ‘War’, ‘Playing’ With Wrestlers’ Careers
- Sami Zayn Makes Bold Statement On Twitter After Bloodline Betrayal At Royal Rumble
- Dustin Rhodes Shares Message For Cody Rhodes Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Kota Ibushi First Post-NJPW Appearance Announced