There is reportedly “major optimism” backstage in WWE following last night’s episode of SmackDown at Madison Square Garden.
As per Fightful Select, WWE sources seemed “unanimously optimistic” and believed that WWE is capable of putting on shows like last night on a regular basis.
It was noted that, right now, it’s just a case of getting through to management that shows like last night are what the fans want to see.
The show was highly praised for what fans saw, but there has been some criticism too after the only women’s match on the show was pulled due to time constraints.
It was also going to be a homecoming for Zelina Vega, which would have been even more special because it was the 9/11 anniversary show, and Vega’s father died in the 9/11 attacks.
But apart from that, there appears to be a lot of optimism backstage off the back of what was a highly-praised show.
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Bryan Danielson Lists Dream Opponents For Final Full-Time Year In AEW
- WWE Star Says Jade Cargill Would Be A Good Fit For His Faction
- Dominik Mysterio Shares New Rhea Ripley Video After WWE Raw Ultimatum