According to a report from Fightful Select‘s Sean Ross Sapp, WWE had big plans for injured superstar Chelsea Green. Green debuted on WWE SmackDown after months of being kept off television despite being called up from NXT.
Sapp reports WWE had planned to have Green mimic a storyline they did way back when Mickie James debuted in 2005-2006. Mickie James debuted as an obsessed fan of Trish Stratus and her character was a borderline stalker-esque character.
Sapp indicates many in creative were very excited about the angle and had plans in place. Apparently, even some footage had been shot.
The report also states there was no reason why the story was scrapped. However, given Sonya Deville is not currently working because of a real-life obsessed fan who allegedly stalked her, maybe folks felt like presenting an obsessed fan storyline right now wasn’t the best idea.
The story was going to see James taking on the Stratus role. Green would have played the obsessed fan. Green who played a bit of a “crazy” character in IMPACT wrestling probably would have been great in the role.
- WWE Women’s Star Slaps Braun Strowman (Video)
- AEW Files Trademark On Interesting New Term
- Major Championship Matches Official For December 7 AEW Dynamite
- Wrestling World Unites For Heartwarming Tribute
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Sami Zayn Reveals How Far Back Bloodline Story Was Pitched
- Top WWE Star Details Getting Backstage Heat For ‘Nothing They Did’
- AEW Star Says They Had No Idea About Major AEW Moment
- ‘Bidding War’ For WWE Show Delaying Next Episode
- Backstage Details On Scrapped Plans For WWE Star In-Ring Return