There have reportedly been discussions within WWE creative about Roman Reigns dropping the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship.
Reigns has held the Universal Title for over 700 days, winning the gold at Payback 2020. He ‘unified’ the gold with the WWE Championship in April after defeating Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 38.
Per WrestleVotes on Twitter, multiple ideas are being considered for Reigns’ title loss.
Indicating that a decision will be made ahead of the September 3 Clash At The Castle event, WrestleVotes tweeted:
“For the first time in a long time, there has been some discussions creatively regarding Roman Reigns dropping the title(s). I’m hearing multiple ideas have intrigued those making the final call come Saturday in Cardiff. Should be an interesting week ahead…”
At Clash At The Castle, Reigns will defend his gold against Drew McIntyre. Reigns not being advertised for Extreme Rules on October has led to speculation that McIntyre will dethrone the Tribal Chief.
A recent report has indicated that WWE may separate the WWE and Universal titles soon, which you can read more about right here.
Check out the announced card for Clash At The Castle at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Discussions For Shocking Star To Be Undertaker’s Son In WWE
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)
- Kurt Angle Reveals Major WWE Star Wanted To Join TNA
- Huge Update On William Regal WWE Return
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- Here Is When Tegan Nox’s WWE Return Was Finalised
- Major Celebrity Says ‘Lets Do It’ To WWE Match Against The Paul Brothers
- AEW Star Recalls Heartwarming ‘WrestleMania Moment’ With Kevin Owens
- Edge Heaps Praise On Three Top AEW Stars