WWE has confirmed via their official website that white-hot Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins will defend his title against Elias at Money in the Bank.
— Seth Rollins (@WWERollins) May 31, 2018
Since winning the championship at WrestleMania 34, Rollins has had five televised title defenses: he’s already defeated Finn Balor, The Miz, Mojo Rawley, Jinder Mahal and Kevin Owens in his short reign. At Greatest Royal Rumble, he defended against The Miz, Balor and Samoa Joe in a Fatal-Four Way ladder match as well.
All of his defenses have been (arguably) show-stealing matches. And his inclusion on the Money in the Bank card certainly elevates the event.
As for his opponent, Elias has also been on a roll lately. However, his success has not come through in-ring work. Instead, he has proven to be a valuable asset for Monday Night Raw with his gimmick. His “Walk With Elias” gimmick has brought the already popular star to even greater crowd-popping heights. As well-received as Elias is, he’s only ever had one shot at WWE gold. He lost to Roman Reigns on Raw in a match also for the Intercontinental Championship back in .
Updated Money in the Bank Card
- Roman Reigns vs. Jinder Mahal
- Sami Zayn vs. Bobby Lashley
- TBD vs. Deleter of Worlds (c) – Raw Tag Team Championships
- Gallows and Anderson vs. Bludgeon Brothers (c) – SmackDown Tag Team Championships
- Ronda Rousey vs. Nia Jax (c) – Raw Women’s Championship
- Asuka vs. Carmella (c) – SmackDown Women’s Championship
- Elias vs. Seth Rollins (c) – Intercontinental Championship
- Last Man Standing: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. AJ Styles (c) – WWE Championship
- Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks vs. Lana vs. Natalya vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Ember Moon vs. Naomi – Women’s Money in the Bank
- Kevin Owens vs. Finn Balor vs. The Miz vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Roode vs. Rusev vs. New Day Member (TBD) – Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Are you excited for Money in the Bank? Let us know in the comments below or get in touch with us on Twitter.