Former Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch separated her shoulder during her match with Bianca Belair at SummerSlam, and hasn’t been on WWE television since the attack from Damage CTRL on the Raw show after the event.
It was originally reported that Becky would be out of action for several months, with speculation arising that she could be close to a return after she was backstage at the October 3 episode of Raw in St Paul, Minnesota.
Fightful Select (subscription required), notes that nobody within WWE itself confirmed that Becky would be returning to the company soon, and even stated that the company had not yet followed up with Becky regarding a possible return at that point in time. Those within the company say that she was never slated for a September return.
WWE had hoped that Becky would be able to avoid needing surgery, and that she would return after a few months with rehab.
As of early September, Becky’s doctors and physical therapists believed that it would be at least ‘a couple of months’ before she could return to the ring, and that there is no definitive timetable on her return.
Those in WWE creative reportedly said they were hopeful to have Becky back by the end of the year, but that was not a guarantee, and was them being optimistic that she wouldn’t have surgery.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Carmella WWE Absence Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- AEW Star Shares Future Plans After Announcing Departure From Company
- Hilarious Guess From WWE Week On Wheel Of Fortune [VIDEO]