The status of former NJPW star Jay White has been a hot topic of the wrestling world since his contract with the company expired back in February.
White lost a loser leaves NJPW match to Eddie Kingston at the Battle in the Valley event, with many expecting him to sign with either WWE or AEW.
WWE recently said that they were confident on signing the Switchblade the longer that he didn’t arrive in AEW, but that confidence may now be gone.
Per PWInsider Elite (via WrestlingNews.co), there was ‘absolutely no’ discussion of Jay White within the company at all over Wrestlemania 39 weekend.
The report also notes that, based on multiple conversations with WWE officials and talent, PWInsider was told that it does not appear White is WWE-bound.
This report comes the day after an underwhelming Raw after WrestleMania show, where many fans had speculated about White possibly debuting.
The show was reportedly led by Vince McMahon following his sale of the company to Endeavor, with him ‘firmly back in charge’ for the show.
There is currently a Bullet Club angle taking place on AEW television, with Juice Robinson set to take on Ricky Starks on this week’s Dynamite show.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?