It was revealed last week by WWE that only the first hour of NXT on September 18 and 25 will air on the USA Network, with the second hour being streamed live on the WWE Network.
Many thought this was a strange move on behalf of not only WWE but also the USA Network, with Triple H and Vince McMahon wanting to hit the ground running with their two-week headstart over AEW on TNT.
However, it has been revealed that the decision was actually out of WWE’s hands, and is down to a very popular legal drama.
Bryan Alvarez explained during the latest Wrestling Observer Live that NXT has to wait until Suits finishes before the whole two-hour show can air live on the USA Network:
“Apparently, I think it’s Suits, apparently they’ve gotta finish off two episodes of that show and that’s why the first two episodes of NXT on the USA Network are only one hour with the second hour being on the WWE Network.”
Suits is a very popular legal drama that stars Gabriel Macht, Rick Hoffman and Patrick J. Adams. It also used to feature Meghan Markle as a key cast member before her marriage to Prince Harry.
This is a shame for WWE and NXT, but it means that the first show that will air fully on the USA Network, on October 2, will also be the first that goes head-to-head with AEW on TNT.
The first episode of NXT on the USA Network is looking rather exciting, with a North American Championship match announced for the show last week, and a street fight featuring Matt Riddle and a former Smackdown star being added today.
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring
- NJPW Star Set For AEW Dynamite Appearance?