The expiration date of William Regal’s AEW contract has reportedly been revealed amidst speculation of a WWE return.
It was believed Regal had signed a three-year deal with the company when he debuted earlier this year, but in an update, it appears that may now not be the case.
Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful is reporting that he’s heard Regal’s deal expires in December.
In case you’ve lost track, today is December 1. Unless you’re reading this on a different day, in which case it isn’t December 1 anymore.
PWInsider reported earlier that “all signs” are pointing towards Regal returning to WWE shortly.
There has been no official word from WWE but there are “rumblings” in the company about him returning in a backstage role.
It appears MJF attacking him on AEW Dynamite last night may well have been a way of writing him out of the promotion.
Regal was released earlier this year by Vince McMahon’s management team before joining AEW, but he was a favorite of Paul Levesque (Triple H), who now runs the wrestling side of the company.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Report: WWE/Saudi Arabia Relationship ‘Absolutely A Factor’ In Sami Zayn Plans
- VIDEO: AEW Entrance Theme Plays At Royal Rumble Event
- Spoiler For Entrant #1 In Royal Rumble Match Revealed?
- Top WWE Star Becomes Top Merchandise Seller At Royal Rumble Superstore
- Spoiler On NXT Star Brought In For WWE Royal Rumble
- Big Change To The SmackDown Tag Title Contenders Tournament
- Top WWE Star Declares For The Men’s Royal Rumble Match
- Triple H Reveals What He Thought Vince McMahon Was Doing Before WWE Return
- Top WWE Star Calls CM Punk ‘A Cancer’, Tells Him ‘Go Do Something Else’
- Find Out What Happened In The Kevin Owens Vs. Solo Sikoa Main Event On SmackDown