*** WARNING – This article will contain a key spoiler for tonight’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown. If you don’t want to know, please click off this piece now ***
Tonight on Friday Night SmackDown, we are going to see Intercontinental Champion AJ Styles defend his title against SmackDown-newcomer and former NXT star, Matt Riddle.
Riddle actually defeated Styles in his official main roster debut back on the 06/19 episode of SmackDown. However that was a non-title match, this will be Riddle’s first chance to challenge for a main roster belt.
With regards to the winner of the match, Fightful Select is reporting that Riddle DOES NOT win the Intercontinental Championship on tonight’s show. It is believed that he is defeated by AJ Styles.
Many people speculated that Riddle wouldn’t win the title, likely because of interference by King Corbin. This will likely be happening, as Fightful notes that Corbin and AJ will beatdown Riddle after the match.
“Fightful has been informed that as of now there aren’t plans for Matt Riddle to become IC Champion. The plan for this week’s show calls for AJ Styles to defeat him and join in with Baron Corbin for a beat down.”
Also for tonight’s show, WWE is advertising a mystery guest for the Moment of Bliss segment. Names such as Stephanie McMahon and Tessa Blanchard have been thrown about by fans for the spot.
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Carmella WWE Absence Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- AEW Star Shares Future Plans After Announcing Departure From Company
- Final 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductee Revealed
- PHOTOS: First Look At WrestleMania 39 Stage
- WWE Star Triple H Brought Back Shares How Long He Was Under Contract Before Return
- Rey Mysterio Reveals In-Ring Future