Things got slightly out of hand in the main event of SmackDown this week. What started as a simple match between AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan was restarted twice until it became a ten-man tag team match.
Ultimately, the team of Bryan, Sheamus, Otis, Big E, and Shinsuke Nakamura defeated the team of AJ Styles, Sami Zayn, Cesaro, The Miz, and John Morrison. However, the action did not stop there.
Instead, Braun Strowman made his return to WWE television, laying waste to the team of heels. This marked his first appearance on WWE programming in almost two months.
A MONSTER is among us. @BraunStrowman is BACK! #SmackDown pic.twitter.com/g17YPryTbV
— WWE (@WWE) January 30, 2021
It was heavily implied at the end of the show that Strowman had returned to win the Royal Rumble. Given that it is that time of year, he will likely be participating. However, his entry into the match has not been officially announced by WWE as of this writing.
Wrestlers from Raw were involved in the show throughout the night. This was because of the “quarterly brand-to-brand invitational”, WWE’s latest reason for the brand split to not matter.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?