Maki Itoh has teased a big intergender match, noting that she wants to face off against a top male AEW star.
Speaking on the Art of Wrestling, the Japanese star made it clear that she’s pushing for a match against the current AEW International Champion.
“I want to wrestle Jon Moxley.”
Moxley won the AEW International Title at the September 3 All Out pay-per-view.
The Blackpool Combat Club member pinned Orange Cassidy for his gold, ending Cassidy’s 326 day reign.
Itoh hasn’t wrestled for AEW since the June 14 Dynamite taping, where she teamed with Abadon and Riho to defeat Emi Sakura, Marina Shafir & Nyla Rose in a darm match.
She notably wrestled a mixed tag-team match in August, siding with Nick Gage to best Matt Cardona & Steph De Lander during GCW Homecoming Weekend.
Maki Itoh recently noted that she has aspirations to join AEW full-time, which you can read more about right here.
To watch Itoh hilariously learn a new British swear word, click here.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed