Malakai Black (fka WWE’s Aleister Black) will face Buddy Matthews (fka Buddy Murphy) at an indie show later this year.
The two former WWE stars will renew their rivalry for Battleground Championship Wrestling on December 18 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, PA.
Black and Matthews notably feuded throughout late 2019 and early 2020, notably meeting in singles action at TLC 2019. They last wrestled one another on an episode of Raw in July last year. Black has noted that Paul Heyman wanted to revisit this rivalry at WrestleMania a few years down the line.
Black and Matthews were both released by WWE on June 2. Ahead of their in ring returns, both Black and Matthews shared teaser vignettes to build hype, fuelling speculation that the duo would be joining forces.
Black is currently signed to AEW. Matthews has teased his own AEW debut for Wednesday’s edition of Dynamite.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results