AEW star Malakai Black has reflected on character advice he received from The Undertaker.
During Black’s run with WWE, the former NXT Champion gained popularity with his supernatural character.
Speaking on the Universal Wrestling Podcast, Black revealed that The Undertaker had advised him to make sure his opponents always react to his character, to make sure he’s not seen as just a ‘regular guy’.
“Taker used to come up to me and say, ‘Just make sure that whenever you wrestle people, that people cannot be normal with who you are’ and even now in this installment, people can’t look at what I do and just go, ‘Regular guy’ because you’re not a regular guy’.
“He’s like, ‘Characters like ours need to be sold by the individual.’ He always mentioned Shawn (Michaels) being so good at it because Shawn would mock him but then all of a sudden, Taker would go in his face and (it’d) be like, uh oh. There would always been an ‘uh oh’ moment and that would sell the character.
Black continued to expand the lore behind his character after his WWE departure in June 2021. The star went on to form the House of Black faction in AEW with Brody King and Buddy Matthews.
Stay up to date with AEW TV win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via POST Wrestling.
- Claudio Castagnoli AEW Details & WWE Stars React, AEW Contracts Expire, Cody Rhodes Video Game News – Audio News Bulletin – June 27, 2022
- Former WWE Wrestler Corroborates Rita Chatterton’s Rape Allegation Against Vince McMahon
- Claudio Castagnoli Says AEW Makes Him Feel Like “A Kid In A Candy Store”
- More Details On Claudio Castagnoli Joining AEW
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Jon Moxley Claims He’s ‘Probably Concussed’ In Passionate Post-Show Promo
- Becky Lynch Reacts To Claudio Castagnoli AEW Debut
- What Happened After AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Went Off Air?
- Jon Moxley Reacts To Claudio Castagnoli As New Blackpool Combat Club Member
- Xavier Woods Reacts To Claudio Castagnoli AEW Debut