Malakai Black, the former Aleister Black. has compared the differences between working for Tony Khan at AEW and Vince McMahon at WWE.
Black made his AEW in-ring debut on Dynamite a week ago and picked up surprisingly dominant and decisive win over Cody Rhodes, which led to Rhodes teasing retirement after the match.
Black has been complimentary of Rhodes and Tony Khan for how that all came together, and has also now spoken about the differences between Khan and Vince McMahon.
Speaking on Sean Waltman’s Pro Wrestling 4 Life podcast, Malakai Black said:
“(Tony Khan) is a very enthusiastic and spontaneous individual. He has an incredible amount of love for what he does and his locker room. He’s always available. I briefly spoke to him and he thanked me for what we did. He thought it was really cool. I appreciated it. It’s very different. Vince McMahon and Tony are very 180 and two extremely different people. A lot of it has to do with where he comes from, how he is as a person, how young he is. Definitely a different perspective on society and a different mentality. That’s okay and great. It works very well for me. I have nothing but good things to say about him. He’s been fair and blunt with me, which I appreciate people being upfront and honest with me, even when it’s not in my favor. I prefer people to tell me, ‘I’m not feeling this.’ Cool, at least you let me know vs ‘Okay, maybe.’ He’s very good at that. I appreciate that very much. I think AEW is making very cool waves, it’s a great company to be part of and I came in at the right time.”
It’s expected that the match wrote Rhodes off TV ahead of him being involved with TNT’s ‘Go-Big Show’, much like Brodie Lee and the Dark Order did last year.
Neither Black nor Rhodes have been announced for anything on tonight’s Dynamite, but you’d think there’d be at least some kind of follow-up, even if it’s brief.
Quote via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed