Former WWE star Malakai Black has revealed the origins of his new name, following his recent appearances for AEW.
Following Black’s WWE departure, many fans assumed that Black would once again wrestle under his “Tommy End” ring name. In a cryptic video posted to Instagram last week, the former NXT Champion announced that he will now go by Malakai Black.
During a Twitch stream, Black noted that he wanted an Old Testament name for his new moniker. Also referencing Children of the Corn, Black said:
“I was looking for an Old Testament name and I found one that had a double-meaning. I was a big fan of Children of the Corn when I grew up and I felt that, with the character, (the name) kind of fit.”
Malakai (also spelt Malachi) is derived from a Hebrew name that can mean both “my messenger” and “my angel”. Black has recently revealed that he pitched his current demon/possessed character to Triple H upon signing with NXT.
Quote via Wrestling Inc.
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Eric Bischoff Says Tony Khan Is Booking AEW ‘Like A 14-Year-Old’
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee