Malakai Black has opened up about working in AEW while his wife, Zelina Vega, wrestles for WWE.
Zelina Vega made her on-screen return to WWE on the July 2 episode of SmackDown. The former NXT Champion debuted for AEW less than a week later, on the July 7 edition of Dynamite.
Speaking on The Zaslow Show, Black admitted that sometimes it gets tough, as the couple don’t currently see each other as much as they’d like to.
Discussing his future goals for his wrestling career, Black said:
“Do I see her as much as I want to? No, but we both made a conscious decision,” Black said. “The one we made years ago that we wanted to be professional athletes, and we know what comes with that. She’s no stranger to being on the road. She’s been doing this for 12 years, I’ve been doing this for 21 years. We made a commitment to each other, so yes, sometimes it gets tough, and yes, it requires extra travel and extra sacrifice. But at the end of the day, you have to realize it’s temporary. It’s not going to last forever.
Vega will wrestle in the Queen’s Crown Tournament finals against Doudrop at WWE Crown Jewel, after defeating Toni Storm and Carmella earlier in the tournament.
Black is set to do battle with Cody Rhodes once more during Saturday’s AEW Dynamite. The former NXT Champion defeated Rhodes during their two previous AEW matches.
Transcription via WrestlingInc.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- Jamie Hayter Suffers Broken Nose During AEW Battle Of The Belts III
- X-Pac Believes Logan Paul Could Be WWE Champion Material