A man who is believed to have cyberbullied Hana Kimura prior to her passing away earlier this year is to face charges from police.
As per Asahi Digital, the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department is planning to file charges against an Osaka man in his 20s who investigators believe sent abusive messages to Hana Kimura on social media.
It was said that he has since deleted the comments and apologised to Kimura’s family, but images of them had been sent to the police.
It was also added that nearly 1200 messages/posts from 600 accounts have been under investigation.
An incident on reality TV show Terrace House is believed to have prompted abusive messages towards Kimura. Her mother filed a complaint to Japan’s Broadcast Ethics & Program Improvement Organization, claiming the show’s producers had pressured Kimura to act in a way that provoked people to dislike her.
If you are affected by any of the issues raised in this story, click here for information on where you can find support.
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- Planned WrestleMania 39 Night 1 Main Event Revealed, More Match Order News
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight