Former NXT Women’s Champion Mandy Rose has posted a message of well-wishes to her former WWE tag partner Sonya Deville who recently suffered a serious injury.
Just under three weeks into the first championship run of her career, Sonya Deville was unfortunately struck down with a torn ACL injury during a tag match alongside Chelsea Green against Bianca Belair and Charlotte Flair on the July 28 Smackdown.
Deville posted a video on Twitter, thanking everyone for their support and expressing her disappointment that her and Chelsea Green’s Women’s Tag Title run has seemingly been cut short.
Now, a former partner of Deville, Mandy Rose, has sent her own message to her former Fire & Desire tag partner, with Rose retweeting Deville’s statement alongside the caption:
Love u friend! Speedy recovery, ur as strong as they come!!
Rose and Deville are known to be close friends, sharing much of their WWE careers alongside each other dating all the way back to their time in WWE Tough Enough in 2015.
Clarification on plans for the Women’s Tag Team Championship with Deville likely out for at least six months was expected on Raw, but no announcement was made.
We continue to extend our well-wishes to Deville for her recovery.
You can find out more details on Deville’s injury and expected timeline for her return at this link here.
Love u friend! Speedy recovery, ur as strong as they come!! ❤️🙏🏻👊🏻 https://t.co/t2h1Piwo6s
— Mandy (@mandysacs) August 8, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Debut Reaches Impressive Media Numbers
- Unseen Footage Of Surprise Return On WWE Raw
- ‘Too Clean, Too Perfect’ – WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Wasn’t Into’ Top AEW WrestleDream Match