AEW’s Mark Henry thinks that Raw star Austin Theory has the potential to become the face of WWE in the future.
On Busted Open Radio, Henry noted that working directly with the WWE Chairman is usually a recipe for success, pointing to Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock as examples of stars who shot to stardom in storylines with McMahon.
Arguing that Theory is on that same trajectory, Henry said:
“I was torn and I ended up with Austin Theory because he’s doing something that very few wrestlers get to do, i.e. play Robin to Batman, which is playing Robin to Vince McMahon. Austin (Stone Cold) did it, The Rock did it, Mankind did it, and you go down the list of guys that had serious interactions with Vince, those storylines with Vince: who did they become? The face of the company, ‘The Guy.'”
“Austin Theory is on that trajectory. He’s young, he can be groomed, he listens, he wants to be great, and he realizes the position is that he is in, and he’s doing what he’s told and he’ll be a star.”
Theory was announced for the men’s Royal Rumble match during last week’s episode of WWE Raw. Stay up to date with every competitor announced for the Royal Rumble matches at this link.
Quote via Sportskeeda.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Tony Khan Provides Update On ‘Forbidden Door II’
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Vince McMahon Situation In WWE Meeting
- Full Audio: Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call With Tony Khan
- Tony Khan Addresses Jeff Hardy Arrest & Jon Moxley Comparisons
- Kenny Omega Provides Update On Timetable For Return
- Bayley Provides Update On Injury Status
- Gisele Shaw Comes Out As Transgender