AEW’s Mark Henry thinks that Raw star Austin Theory has the potential to become the face of WWE in the future.
On Busted Open Radio, Henry noted that working directly with the WWE Chairman is usually a recipe for success, pointing to Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock as examples of stars who shot to stardom in storylines with McMahon.
Arguing that Theory is on that same trajectory, Henry said:
“I was torn and I ended up with Austin Theory because he’s doing something that very few wrestlers get to do, i.e. play Robin to Batman, which is playing Robin to Vince McMahon. Austin (Stone Cold) did it, The Rock did it, Mankind did it, and you go down the list of guys that had serious interactions with Vince, those storylines with Vince: who did they become? The face of the company, ‘The Guy.'”
“Austin Theory is on that trajectory. He’s young, he can be groomed, he listens, he wants to be great, and he realizes the position is that he is in, and he’s doing what he’s told and he’ll be a star.”
Theory was announced for the men’s Royal Rumble match during last week’s episode of WWE Raw. Stay up to date with every competitor announced for the Royal Rumble matches at this link.
Quote via Sportskeeda.
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition
- WWE Star Ruled Out For 8-12 Months With Legitimate Injury
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- Rhea Ripley & Other Stars React To Incredible Moment At WWE Event
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Video Footage Of Brock Lesnar’s Daughter Shattering Records For Shot Put
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete