It was revealed earlier on this month that despite interest from both WWE and AEW, Marty Scurll had signed a new contract extension with Ring of Honor.
This new deal would see Scurll not only become the promotion’s head booker, but also see him able to work for other promotions such as NJPW and NWA.
Thanks to Twitter user @BWOpodcast, we know that Marty Scurll appeared at the NJPW New Beginning show in Durham, North Carolina to issue a WrestleMania weekend challenge to a top NJPW star.
According to Busted Wide Open, Scurll invaded the NJPW show last night and challenged former IWGP Heavyweight, Intercontinental and United States Champion Jay White to a match at ROH’s Supercard of Honor show in April.
BREAKING NEWS! The villain @MartyScurll issues a challenge to @JayWhiteNZ at @ringofhonor Supercard of Honor! WHAT SAY YOU, SWITCHBLADE?! #NJPWRaleigh pic.twitter.com/aqDBHlUtuB
— Busted Wide Open (@BWOpodcast) January 28, 2020
Marty has not wrestled in a NJPW ring since June 5, 2019 where he teamed with Brody King to take on Kazuchika Okada & Rocky Romero in tag team competition.
There is no word on if Jay White is going to be appearing on ROH shows to build to the match or if Scurll will be showing up at NJPW shows. However, this is certainly going to be a very exciting few months.
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- DNA Test Proves Wrestling Legend Is Not The Father Of Current Congresswoman
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- WWE Star Confirms Shoulder Injury