Wrestlers in the crowd at WWE TV tapings are now wearing masks after several people in the company have tested positive for COVID-19 over the last few days.
There were reports that doing so had been discouraged, but WrestlingNews.co is reporting Vince McMahon has had to change that due to all the positive tests.
WWE is currently taping tonight’s SmackDown, and the report notes that everyone, other than those in the ring during matches are wearing masks, including production staff.
This has also been confirmed by NXT’s Shotzi Blackheart who is in the crowd:
We are wearing masks!
— Shotzi (@ShotziWWE) June 26, 2020
It was reported earlier that the Raw taping that was set to take place after SmackDown today has been postponed until tomorrow.
There have reportedly been a number of changes made to tonight’s SmackDown plans due to the situation. We will have live coverage of the show later tonight.
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn