Tonight on NXT, not only did we get one championship vacated, another changed hands. Breezango defeated Imperium to become the new NXT Tag Team Champions.
This is the first title for either Tyler Breeze or Fandango in WWE or NXT. Breeze held a title in FCW before it transitioned to NXT, but this is the first official title reign for the duo.
ABOUT TIME. ✨✨@MmmGorgeous & @WWEFandango win their first titles in @WWE as they capture the #WWENXT #TagTeamTitles from #IMPERIUM! #AndNew pic.twitter.com/bsXsCLW53r
— WWE (@WWE) August 27, 2020
The win came after Breezango won the number 1 contender’s match against Legado Del Fantasma and Lorcan/Burch at TakeOver: XXX. Tonight’s win came when Fandango hit a leg drop on both members of Imperium.
It would seem Imperium could be in line to head back to NXT UK with the announcement the brand will be returning soon. We’ll see. Of course, they could win the titles back next week.
It seems like WWE is pulling the trigger on a lot of moves regarding NXT and the transfer of talent. Tommaso Ciampa returned to NXT tonight.
Let the championship celebration BEGIN!
Welcome to #WWENXT, #WadeBarrett! ??? #AndNew @WWEFandango @MmmGorgeous pic.twitter.com/5gjW7FanP3
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) August 27, 2020
He had been rumored to be a part of RETRIBUTION. Either this is to throw of the scent or Ciampa is sticking with NXT to offset the losses of Keith Lee and Karrion Kross.
Congratulations to Tyler Breeze and Fandango on their huge title win. Stay tuned to WrestleTalk for more breaking news from tonight’s show.
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Hilarious Guess From WWE Week On Wheel Of Fortune [VIDEO]
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Former WWE Star Opens Up About Pregnancy