WrestleTalk is saddened to learn that Deanna Booher, better known as GLOW star Matilda the Hun, has passed away at the age of 73.
Booher had been dealing with numerous health issues in recent years, which led to her being hospitalized for a long period of time. There is no word as of this writing as to the cause of her death.
WWE posted a tribute to Booher on their website, which reads:
We are saddened to learn that Deanna Booher, better known as “Matilda The Hun” and beloved by fans all over the world, passed away at the age of 73. Our sincerest thoughts are with her family, friends and those affected by her passing.
Born in Southern California, Booher would spend much of her life in the spotlight as a pioneer in sports-entertainment. After helping the wrestling team at El Camino Junior College win a state championship, Booher made her professional debut as the masked “Queen Kong.” Booher broke through competing as the feared Matilda The Hun in the innovative Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling (GLOW) promotion. Outside of the ring, Booher appeared in movies such as “Spaceballs” and “Brainsmasher… A Love Story,” the television shows “Married… with Children” and “Night Court,” and even in the Aerosmith music video for “Love in an Elevator.”
WWE extends its condolences to Booher’s family, friends and fans.
We here at WrestleTalk send our condolences to the friends, family and fans of Matilda The Hun.
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Huge Change Coming To AEW PPVs?
- AEW Stars’ Current Belief About MJF’s Status
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW’s Anna Jay Officially Undergoes Name Change
- John Cena Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Revealed
- Ariya Daivari Working As Producer For AEW
- Triple H Splits Up WWE Tag Team
- Mandy Rose Calls Herself This NXT 2.0 Star’s ‘Mother’