A new report has revealed that a major name is done with IMPACT Wrestling.
In 2021, Matt Cardona debuted with IMPACT Wrestling where he became one of the more featured performers on the roster and former Digital Media Champion.
After two years with the promotion, Cardona lost to Joe Hendry in a Digital Media Championship match on the February 9 episode of IMPACT on AXS TV. This seemed to be his final appearance with rumors and reports indicating the former Zack Ryder was in line for a return to WWE.
Fightful Select (subscription required) provided an update, confirming that Cardona is indeed finished up with IMPACT for the time being.
The report notes that Cardona worked with the company without a contract for his two years, and the promotion was hopeful to ink him to a deal that would guarantee dates.
Cardona was apparently happy with the idea of maintaining the agreed upon dates, but preferred to do it on the same handshake agreement they’d had prior. However, that wasn’t made an option for him.
IMPACT Wrestling has been a little more adamant in signing deals, as Nick Aldis returned to the company on a short term contract recently.
In regards to Matt Cardona, the report reads:
“Sources familiar with the situation said there was no drama between IMPACT and Cardona, and that the two sides are open to doing business together again in the future. Cardona had been adamant that he’d be open to returning, but on a handshake deal again. “
As previously reported, Cardona recently hinted at returning in the recent WWE Draft that concluded on this past Monday’s Raw.
We will have further updates on Matt Cardona’s contract status and free agency when they become available.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- AEW Star Says He’s Been Dealing With Torn Triceps, But Now He’s Back
- WWE Star’s First Match In Nine Months Announced
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- Update On AEW Collision Ticket Sales For CM Punk Return