Matt Cardona (fka Zack Ryder) has revealed whether or not he’d be interested in a return to WWE.
Cardona has completely reinvented himself since getting released from his WWE contract in April 2020, and has since won titles in NWA, GCW and IMPACT.
Open to running Madison Square Garden, or wrestling at WrestleMania again, Cardona said:
“If Vince McMahon called me, or Bruce Prichard or John Laurinaitis called me, of course I would pick up, of course I would have a conversation. Why wouldn’t I? I’d be lying right now if I said I never want to wrestle at Madison Square Garden or I never want to wrestle at WrestleMania again. Anybody who says that is f**king lying, quite frankly.
“But I’m not doing what I’m doing now hoping to get back. I don’t do what I do thinking, ‘Oh man what do I have to do to get back to WWE?’ or ‘What do I have to do to get AEW to look at me?’ No, I’m doing me. If those opportunities present itself, great but the state of pro wrestling is it’s on fire right now. You don’t need to be in those two companies…I’m trying to prove you don’t need it.”
Cardona had been with WWE for 15 years before his departure, and notably held Intercontinental, US and tag team gold during his tenure with the company.
Stay up to date with every WWE release of 2022 using our tracker at this link.
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Here’s How Long Tonight’s Forbidden Door Show Will Likely Be
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed
- Katsuyori Shibata In Chicago Ahead Of Forbidden Door
- Hiromu Takahashi Comments On Missing Forbidden Door
- Toru Yano In Chicago Ahead Of Forbidden Door