Matt Hardy has confirmed he has spoken with a number of promotions, including AEW and NXT, about signing after his WWE contract expired on March 1.
In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Hardy said:
“I am speaking with AEW, and I am very close with the Young Bucks. We’ve been great friends for a long time. They understand this business and know how to break the fourth wall and have fun with all of this. They really are special.
“I’ve also spoken with Impact and I spoke with the NWA. I had great conversations just this week with Triple H about NXT. I’m not sure where I’m going to go. From a character perspective, I want to go to an Arcadia. That’s where I can take the second coming of ‘Broken Matt’ and build upon it. I need a canvas where I can paint and collaborate.”
AEW tweeted out another tease regarding the Dark Order ‘Exalted One’ today, which spelled out Matt Hardy, so it’s clear there’s a lot of fun being had when it comes to his uncertain status.
Be sure to stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for any developments in Hardy’s career.
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Current NXT Star To Join WWE Main Roster Faction Soon?
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time