Last night on Raw, Matt Hardy came out to ask Randy Orton why he attacked Edge two weeks ago following the Royal Rumble. Instead of answering the question, Randy Orton viciously attacked Matt, hitting him with a brutal Con-Chair-To.
The angle was pretty awesome, and some have speculated it was done to write Matt Hardy off of WWE TV with his contract set to expire in just over two weeks.
Reliable Twitter source WrestleVotes has speculated that with Hardy’s contract believed to be expiring in just a few weeks (03/01), we could have seen the former tag team champion make his last WWE appearance last night.
The rumors of Matt Hardy’s contract expiring any day now are true, thus, could that have been Matt’s last WWE appearance of all time? A conchairto is some way to go out considering the history.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) February 11, 2020
This speculation was certainly fuelled when Matt took to Twitter following the show to say “goodbye”.
GOODBYE. https://t.co/qplBdmjFKp pic.twitter.com/SSsKpErA4H
— MATT HARDY (@MATTHARDYBRAND) February 11, 2020
Regarding the future, it is believed that Matt Hardy will follow fellow former WWE stars Tye Dillinger (Shawn Spears), Jack Swagger (Jake Hager) and Dean Ambrose (Jon Moxley) in joining AEW.
Matt Hardy is also the favourite to be revealed as the eventual leader of the Dark Order. A role that was reportedly set for ROH star Marty Scurll.
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London